Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Eating Healthy is Easier than It Seems!

As I start this Journey it seems hard to challenge my mind with new recipes that are both Healthy and Fun! I have a tendency to fall back to the things I know. Those meal that your Mom made when you were growing up that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But when you realize those same meals are the meals that are preventing you from you goals it somehow seems easier to challenge you mind! So tonight I came up with this recipe it was online but I altered it a little as I don't like to eat healthy and then use pre-packaged stuff so tried to use as little of pre-packaged as I could without making it to difficult! So Here it is:
Spinach-Mushroom Alfredo with Whole Wheat Pasta!!
It was So very Yummy and the Kids Loved it! No need to add anything with it cause it is a balanced meal all on its own.. Spinach and mushroom as your veggies and Chicken as your protein then Whole Wheat Noodles as your Carbs! And you know its good if my kids ate it!! And they did!! So I know you are wondering how do I make this? Here It is:


In Large Skillet Pour in 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 2 cloves minced Garlic, Heat pan on Medium Heat.. Then add Chicken. When Chicken is cooked add Mushrooms and Spinach ( I shredded it a little as I put it in the pan). When they are both almost cooked, Remove and set aside in a bowl. In pan put approximately 4 cups of Fat-Free Milk bring to a boil.. In side measuring cup or bowl pour another 1/2 cup milk put in microwave for 50 seconds. Then add 2 tablespoons Corn Starch. When Alfredo starts to thicken add chicken mixture. And 1 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese! Serve over Whole Grain Noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment